Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sassy Go Away

Would someone tell me where the sass came from? And more importantly how to get rid of it.

Teagan has entered a very sassy time. She is using “adult” phrases and I’m not talking about cussing. I have really worked hard at curtailing my sailor mouth. No, she is using my discipline phrases. “Are you listening to me?” “Go to your room!” “Hush, right now.” These phrases should be used by Mommy and maybe Daddy but never, never children under eighteen. Just imagine a three year old putting her hands on her hips, giving you a drop dead stare, and with a monotone harsh voice through gritted teeth saying “You just need to hush.” ~twitch, twitch~ Oh, how I almost came unglued. WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU JUST TELL ME TO DO???”

How am I suppose to combat this? These are my phrases and they are needed on several occasions. I assure you the phrases are better said, than not said and me swatting her butt. This has only happened just recently that it’s full time sass. Before it would be scattered throughout the month maybe the week but now it’s an everyday and several times a day occurrence.

I don’t think it’s an aggression against my return to work. In fact I think she is appreciates me more now that I’m not at her beck and call. I honestly am dumbfounded where this habit was picked up. I know all kids want to be treated older than they are but this is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment