Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Garden of Plenty

One of the top five perks about our new place…a garden.

We went to our local home improvement store to get the supplies. Teagan helped Daddy pick out a good shovel.



Since the soil on the property is not the best we grabbed several bags of soil. Plus our choices of herbs and vegetables. Daddy picked oregano, basil, thyme and mint. I picked cucumbers and jalapenos. The girls picked tomatoes and strawberries.



Even though it was late in the day Daddy put on some work clothes, dug and planted our garden. It is more his garden than “ours” as he will be tending it but we will all benefit. I’m so excited. I love fresh herbs and stuffed jalapenos are the best snack food invented. I haven’t reminded the girls that we planted tomato plants as they wouldn’t understand why there aren’t tomatoes on them yet. I will have to video the first time we show them that there are tomatoes in the back yard. I imagine a few awe struck faces. After that we may have to put up a fence so they don’t go scavenging when we go out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment