Friday, June 19, 2009

Cincinnati Chili - Bear Style



I am going to post recipes here and there so I thought I would start with my Cincinnati Chili. I love this meal and so does every member of my family. If I’d make it, Hubby would eat it once a week. And the girls love it too. They normally eat the beans, then the meat and lastly the noodles. Very methodical. I hope you like it and please let me know.

Cincinnati Chili – Bear Style

2lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
15 oz of tomato sauce
3 cups of water
2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ tablespoons vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup chili powder
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
5 bay leaves
35 whole allspice
32oz can kidney beans
spaghetti noodles
cheddar cheese
Hot sauce
chopped onions
  • Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in large pot. Drain grease.
  • Put bay leaves and allspice in a muslin bag or my trick a tea strainer.
  • To meat mixture add tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, chili powder, red pepper, cinnamon and throw in spice bag.
  • Bring to a boil. Drain beans and add to chili, reduce to a simmer for three hours.
  • Boil noodles to be ready for chili.
  • Layering: place a good heap of noodles in a bowl, ladle on chili, top with cheddar cheese, dashes of hot sauce and onions. Now the hot sauce and onions are optional but don’t forget the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment