Thursday, January 21, 2010

Restroom Etiquette

I work in a sizeable office building. It has three stories and fourteen offices on each floor. Wing offices (like the one I’m in) have their own restroom but each floor has facilities.

Now I utilize our office restroom but on occasion will visit the “floor” restroom.

Today I did and as I was in a stall the main door opens. A woman walks in and address’s the entire bathroom (Me) asking “Who’s in there?”

Do you answer such a question?

With the probability of so many different possible patrons did she think she might know me?

Who does this? Seriously am I such a prude that this behavior escapes me and in all actuality is normal or common?

I’ve seen shoes in the stalls that in any other room I would have complimented, but in that room, uh, no.

I was mortified. There was no way I was going to answer her.

My husband asked if I had seen the Seinfeld spare a square episode. “See… Women are just weird.”

No comments:

Post a Comment