Monday, January 18, 2010

Mini Pecan Pie Muffins

I would normally not blog about a blog that blogged about a blog. Get that? But this just has to happen.

I was visiting one of my favorite sites TasteSpotting and saw a recipe for Mini Pecan Pie Muffins. I have been visiting this site for a long time and never once did I immediately go and make a recipe that I saw there, until tonight. My husband loves pecan pie and this recipe on Bake at 350 that she got from Make Ahead Meals promised that it tasted just like the gooey goodness I only make at Thanksgiving.

It was super easy. 5 ingredients, one bowl, and a few mini muffin pans. The most effort I had to put forth was chopping the pecans. Which I did with a newly acquired Christmas present from Aunt Lori, so even that was quick and painless. In around twenty minutes I was biting into a warm, moist, caramelized muffin. Truly delicious. So much so that Kaitlyn has been trying to grab one off the counter even though I cut her off an hour ago. I gave Hubby one as he was passing the kitchen. I asked him what he thought and his reply was “I think I need about six more with a glass of milk.” That about sums it up. I did cook them a tad too long so watch the clock but these will be a sure hit.

Here is the recipe. Flat out copied from on Bake at 350. The last line about freezing, will not be needed.

Mini Pecan Pie Muffins
(recipe courtesy of Jane Doiron, Make Ahead Meals )

1 c light brown sugar
1 c pecans, chopped
1/2 c flour
2/3 c butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten

Spray 20 mini muffin cups with nonstick spray (I used butter); set aside. Preheat the oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups evenly.

Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges will be crispy. Do not overbake. Remove the muffins and cool on a wire rack.

~Freeze~
When the muffins are completely cool, place them in a freezer bag and freeze up to 2 months.

These are my pics. You can tell I need a lesson in theatrical. If you are interested in this recipe and many more Bridget at Bake at 350 is hosting a giveaway for Jane Dorion’s new cookbook called Make Ahead Meals. After making this shear piece of ingenuity I bookmarked both sites. I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment