Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dream Job

What did you want to be when you grew up? My husband says he went back and forth from baseball player to astronaut. I wanted to be a veterinarian. This was a dream on the back burner until one of my girlfriends started working a part time job at a veterinarian clinic and told me about cleaning cages and putting fuzzy friends to sleep. While a rewarding and noble occupation I could never hold an animal as it took its last breath. My dream job changed over and over through the years and in all honesty I never found my dream job. I’m still not sure what it would be. I wear many hats and like it that way. But this isn’t a post about my waffling.

The other day my Mom brought me two old memory books that chronicle a child’s school years. These books are unused and she thought I could use them for Teagan and Kaitlyn. Absolutely.

So I’m leafing through the pages and I notice something. Take a look.




Now yes these occupations are still valid jobs for today. But the boys get astronaut and police man and we get model and airline hostess!? I was just beside myself. Mainly with amusement at the arrogance of these books. Now one of my many hats is Mother and secretary and I’m not only good at it I enjoy it. Especially the Mother role. Nevertheless I am so proud that my girls have so many more dream careers to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment